Recruitment Marketing Coordinator
About the Role
As our business and product offering continues to expand, we're now after another full-time Recruitment Marketing Coordinator to join our team in Brisbane.
This is a unique role that encompasses an array of interesting duties (both creative and analytical) that ensure our clients attract top talent for their businesses.
You'll be involved in the copywriting of eye-catching job advertisements, creation of advertising strategy, review of analytics, sharing of insights, and will contribute to the creation of new and innovative ways to find the best candidates for our clients.
Note: This position is all about advertising, marketing, and attraction! You won't be screening, interviewing, or 'selling' candidates.
A typical day will look something like this:
- 7:45am - 8:00am (we officially start at 8:20am but most people choose to be in well before that) - Get to the office. Say hi to your awesome co-workers, settle in, grab a coffee, check your e-mails.
- 8:00am - Plan your day. There's a long list of tasks that need to be prioritised to make sure all deadlines are reached. This role is all about sticking to deadlines without losing quality of work.
- 8:20am - Have a meeting with your team to confirm priorities and get focused. Group high-five optional, but likely.
- 8:30am - 12pm - A mix of:
- Taking briefs and writing job ads for a variety of clients, industries and role types.
- Coordinating advertising schedules. We use a number of different advertising mediums (from job boards to social networks to EDMs and all that's in-between!) to draw the right candidates to apply. The coordination piece of the role means you need to be a steel trap when it comes to organisation and attention to detail. You'll be looking at what we sold the client, and scheduling tasks to make sure everything goes out at an appropriate time and on time.
- Posting your ads across the mediums listed above. They need to be accurate. They need to be posted in the right categories and locations. There is no room for error here. Repeat - steel trap!
- 12pm – Lunch! Catch up with your colleagues in our breakout room, walk down Park Rd to visit a cafe, or take a stroll along the river to get some fresh air and exercise.
- 1pm - 5pm - A mixture of similar tasks to those you did in the morning, plus:
- Developing advertising strategies. One of your clients might say "Where do you think we should advertise to attract Sales Consultants in Melbourne, with a $3,500 budget?" and you'll be responsible for putting together a strategy that is going to nail the brief.
- Meet with colleagues to discuss campaigns that need a little extra love and attention. You're part of the specialist team in our business when it comes to advertising, so you'll make recommendations to turn the campaign from 'sad' to 'WOW'! You'll need a bit of a strategic mindset to interpret analytics and ensure campaigns are performing above market.
- Attend client meetings (usually phone based) to help explain an advertising strategy we might be pitching to the client or to brainstorm on how we can best position a role.
- Work on your directorship. We're a business undergoing an exciting growth period, with lots of great projects waiting for you to sink your teeth into. Every team member has the opportunity to be involved in project work to gain exposure to other parts of our business and contribute to the team in a way that brings variety to your day to day!
- 5pm - Our day officially finishes at 5. If you've gotten through all tasks, great work, get out of here and enjoy your evening. Sometimes you'll stay back later to make sure everything is tidied up and all deadlines are met. On Fridays we take a bit of an early mark to socialise over some in-office drinks!
What kind of person LOVES this role?
Emphasis on the LOVE. It's not going to work for you, or us, if you don't love what you're doing and love the company too.
Here are six qualities that make up a person who is going to love this career:
- Someone with ENERGY and ENTHUSIASM! These attributes are dear to the heart of EO. We want people who have a drive for hitting quality KPIs and a strong work ethic, as well as a personable manner and positive attitude.
- Someone with impeccable attention to detail. To put it plainly, mistakes just can't happen in this role. It is entirely possible to do this work without making mistakes if a high level of attention to detail comes naturally to you.
- Someone who is organised and understands the need for effective and efficient processes. You'll need to understand the importance of working within a structured set of processes, but won't be afraid to speak up if you see an improvement that could be made in this area.
- Someone who has some writing ability. You don't need formal writing qualifications, but you need a bit of a way with words, as well as excellent spelling and grammar. If you read a lot as a kid and teenager, and/or if you've always got a book on the go as an adult, that's a good sign.
- Someone looking for a career, not just a job. Sorry to use a cliché, but it's true. If you're applying for this position with a < 18-month mindset or a sense of "I'll give it a go and see what happens", it's not the right one for you. We invest in our people and give high performers opportunities that many other employers don't - so we need you to invest in us.
- Someone who is professional. This includes being well presented at all times, and professionalism in how you interact with clients, colleagues and job seekers.
Grow your career, develop your future, and be part of our success story.
Join a culture of supportive collaboration and positive conversation. We’re competitive, resilient, and motivated to work hard, and we have leaders, not managers.
Become a recruiter. Specialise, build relationships, and deliver innovative products with an organisation where you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your achievements. Earn, celebrate, and have fun with us!
At EO we have a culture of ownership and autonomy. We also reward our people for their success. Your remuneration package will be made up of a base salary plus super and performance-based incentives that give you the opportunity to consistently earn over and above your 'base'. On-target earnings are $50,000 - $60,000.
Not to mention, if you have your eye on leadership, this is a step in the right direction! To be a leader in our business you don't need prior management experience - we'll teach you what you need to know and support you as you develop into a leadership position. Our Team Leaders manage their own P&Ls and enjoy ongoing conferences and development sessions. This focus on internal development and promotion offers exciting opportunities you won't find elsewhere
The pressure’s on in this fast-paced, high-performance environment. But there’s free fruit… and beer. Our top performers enjoy an annual all expenses paid international trip and everyone attends our quarterly celebrations where your hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Most importantly, the work we do at EO is significant. We create valuable connections for employers and jobseekers day in and day out, and we you want to be a part of it.
If all this sounds good to you, next steps are to apply below and we’ll be in touch for a chat!