Journalist / Assistant Editor (Part-Time or Full-Time)
About Employment Office
Employment Office (EO) is a Recruitment Marketing business which connects over 2,000 customers with over 1.2 million candidates every year. We offer a range of products and services which help our customers drive better recruitment results, through exceptional employer branding, recruitment advertising, shortlisting & selection, and candidate management. Whether they want to fill an urgent vacancy or transform their whole approach to attracting talent, they turn to us for our expertise, our proven processes and our transparent approach.
Pave a New Path within EO...
Always at the forefront of innovation when it comes to recruitment marketing, we are now ready to launch a new and exciting project! This is where you come in.
We have a unique opportunity for a Journalist / Sub-Editor to join our team, based in our Brisbane Head Office. This role is being offered on either a Part-Time (20 hours per week) or Full-Time basis.
This newly created position within EO will be pivotal in launching an online magazine, directed at company Directors, CEOs, Business Leaders, HR Managers, and anyone else looking to step up their game in the recruitment marketing space. Our vision is to make this the number one magazine for HR users in Australia.
Day to day, this role will see you:
- Curating content - making connections with relevant stakeholders in order to secure opportunities for the development of magazine content;
- Creating content - contributing ideas, writing copy, editing articles, pulling together existing EO and client content and making it more newsworthy, and executing new and engaging articles for the magazine;
- Publishing content - initially for the online magazine, and for a printed version of the magazine down the line; and
- Coordinating the production of the magazine from design to publish/print.
Although this is a highly autonomous role, you will be well supported by a team of in-house specialists to support you in understanding all facets of recruitment marketing and to assist in developing relevant content.
We're looking for someone with some experience in creating content for magazines or online publications. You'll be a strong copywriter with an eye for newsworthy stories and an understanding of how to tell that story to your audience.
An articulate, confident and personable individual will be well suited to this position, as you will need to be comfortable building relationships with relevant stakeholders. Creative flair is also important - you'll be an innovator with the ability to come up with new and interesting ideas to execute.
As you'll be working primarily autonomously, it's crucial you have solid time management skills, are highly organised, and work well under strict time constraints.
Importantly, we're after someone who is looking to expand their current knowledge and skill set. You'll be excited about learning the ins and outs of recruitment marketing, and will have the intelligence to absorb this knowledge in order to apply it to the magazine content.
This is an incredible opportunity to contribute significantly to the success of a brand new online publication!
In addition to creative freedom and the ability to shape your role as you see fit, you'll be able to explore new areas and develop new skill sets (e.g. publicity) while building your career story – our people can all point to powerful results and say ‘I did that’.
What else will you receive?
- A competitive remuneration package circa $60,000 - $80,000 (pro-rata), based on experience;
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs and give you that ideal work/life balance;
- An unlimited supply of free 'publicist fuel' (coffee, snacks, fruit and after work drinks);
- A centrally located office with Brisbane river views and a close walk to transport, cafes and bars;
- The opportunity to attend annual, all expenses paid global retreats for top performers (think Whistler, Hawaii, New Zealand); and
- The most important thing of all....a team of amazing people who will welcome you into the EO family, support you throughout your career, celebrate your successes and reward your efforts.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge where you can develop a long-term career - apply below!